Yeah... I'm still counting.
Definitely getting better every day--at least the leg is, anyway. Going on crutches down to the cafeteria is easier and easier, and getting out of bed isn't QUITE so painful in that initial bloodrush to the foot.
I'm not so sure my personality is recovering at the same pace. Certainly, I seem to be recovering my equilibrium. I'm not prone to despair anymore, and my vocational yearnings seem to be coming back (after being completely absent during the hospital stay, though that wasn't so much a matter of wanting to be married or not wanting to be a priest as it was of just wanting a fixed leg).
I'm getting cranky, though.
I think that might even be a good sign, but I doubt it's doing anything for the state of my soul. Still, the fact that I'm able to sit around grousing about the change in bathrooms (the one right across from the TV lounge was redesignated a woman's washroom for the next three days), meaning I was quite cranky during my Stargate shows this evening, more on basic principle. I guess I knew that it was coming that our empty rooms were being rented out for the summer... but I wasn't aware it was starting today. So that, for no apparent reason that I can think of now, had me grumpy today.
I am also quite grumpy about having to actually GO to Concordia to get deferred exam forms, and shell out more money as a result. I mean, I do realise that I'm putting them out by not writing with everyone else, but you'd think that those exorbitant tuition fees would have SOME leeway in them for the unexpected. Hmpf! Guess not. On top of which, I either have to pay the parking fee (which also means hobbling extra footage across the parking lot back and forth to the ticket dispenser), or risk getting towed, since there's no way on crutches that I'm parking my usual two blocks away. Very grumpy.
Still, it feels... nice... to be grumpy, because grumpy, you see, is a far cry from mid-hospital despair. It's the emotion of someone whose mind is back, and whose drive is back, and who is hampered.
The ache in my shoulders and arms also feels good... it's like I can pretend I'm buffing up. Not that I really care for the look of being strong (which is good, 'cause I'm still far, far off), but the feeling is great. It's a feeling of HEALTH--and you've no idea how good it feels to have that feeling, considering all that's happened.
So yeah... I'm doing great and cranky.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment