It has come to my attention, over the course of my just-finished hour-long commute back from the Archives, that I have a couple retractions to print regarding recent statements in this blog.
First, and foremost, if you were planning on coming to Edmonton in response to my complaint of boredom next week--don't. Cancel the plane tickets, save your holidays for the summer, and consider yourselves as having my thanks. Oh? You weren't ever able to consider it? Well... just as well.
Turns out, I shouldn't be very bored next week, seeing as I'll be working. I guess my working at the Archdiocesan Archives was a foregone conclusion. And I don't start after the Long Weekend... but on this coming Monday--right after my History exam.
I am unsure what to think of this... On the one hand, it means that I won't likely be bored next week. It means that I'll be done a week earlier than I thought--which I think is a good thing, since that'll mean a bigger break between Archival work and the return to seminary and school in the fall. And the job, though somewhat boring, is right up my alley. The building's air-conditioned, I pretty much don't have to work with the public (not that the Archives HAS a public to work with), and I'm working with both Paper and Catholic paraphernalia. It's like my dream job.
However, let's face it... I'm lazy. As much as I was unsure what on earth I was going to do next week, I was quite sure I'd end up filling it, and I really can't say that I'm looking all that forward to work. Too many bad memories from Panago--though this'll be completely different.
Still, I'm not complaining about having the job, or about the kind of job. That I have a job I can halfways enjoy, and can do on crutches, is miraculous. I just... need to learn not to get preconceptions about dates and times. I hate having those messed with...
The other retraction I need to write is that I obviously didn't spend any part of the afternoon thus far outdoors. The afternoon is far from over, though, so that may yet prove true...
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment