Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pre-Study

Happy Status Update:

Well, maybe it was just another day at work, but I've been in the same purposeful, more optimistic mood all day. Definitely going to have to see what the weekend brings... since I'm not planning on going anywhere or doing anything. Can Michael survive a weekend of boredom, or is his emotional state tied to his being employed?

I'm not making any predictions... but I know which I'd prefer.

Not that I don't have reasons, if not to be depressed, to be grumpy. I went to Concordia over my lunch break today (it's about five minutes from the Pastoral Centre), and got myself set up for my final final of the "semester that wouldn't end". I have to say, for all that I'm glad to be done school, I do seem to have sentimental feelings towards the building/community, so I guess the school year wasn't that bad. Parking was a royal pain, though, because I was far too cheap to pay for parking for what would only be half an hour's stay, and I'm too law-abiding not to. This meant that I was parked a block away in the one-hour free parking zone, which is closer than I would normally park, but is a long, long way to go on crutches. It was also interesting since I had to parallel park to get as close as I did, and I haven't parallel-parked since I took my driver's test three and a half years ago. Turned out to be a cinch; I was quite pleased.

Anyway, 9:00 Friday morning I will be missing work to write a Logic exam I'd rather not write. Which means that if you see me online tomorrow, be a pain and tell me to get back to studying. I probably won't listen, but I might feel guilty, so you never know... I got my marks back today (via my parents, whereas I didn't get a copy at all...), and there's a big fat "F" on my Logic, since I haven't written the exam yet. I'm hoping it'll prove to be incentive.

No comments: