First off, before we get to the dreams, allow me to say that I really hope that I'm just suffering some disagreement with the lasagna, and am not coming down with a cold or flu or something, because that would really be unfair. Crutches AND bad stomach? Blegh! But I digress...
Last night I had the first dream I've remembered substantially in a long time. I wish I could remember how it went better, because towards the end, while I was in that state of semi-sleep when you know you're dreaming but want it to keep going, I was enjoying it immensely.
Basically, it played as a mixture of Middle-Earth and Stargate. I was one of the chief protagonists, a Middle-Earthian of some sort, and also present was my "sister" (not my sister in real life), Éowyn, who had dark hair, as well as LMP (a Barrow-Downer... except he had this fixation for monkeys stolen from someone I know on Classic-Castle), and at least one other person I've forgotten.
Naturally, the dream started out taking place in a space-distorted version of my parent's house in Olds, though apparently this was somewhere either in Rohan or Gondor. One might conclude that, because I was possibly in Rohan, and my sister was "Éowyn", that I would have been Éomer, but no. If anything, I think I was called Faramir.
Anyway, the bad guys in the story were Valar of which I had never heard of. There were at least two of them, a guy whose name started with an "S", who had apparently been a sort of failed proto-Melkor in the beginning, and his evil girlfriend, who I never figured out. Basically, they had the Sauronic trait of trying to get people to worship Morgoth. This is where things started getting Stargate-ish, though, because they were definitely reminiscent of the Goa'uld in this attempted worshipping thing... and because they seemed to be trying to use "Éowyn" as a host for a third evil Valar, who I can only assume was disembodied somewhat like Sauron after the destruction of the Ring. Apparently, she was the girlfriend's kid sister or something, because even when she had sort of taken over "Éowyn", she was still kind of being bossed around by the older lady.
The earlier part of the dream, that I remember, was pre-Éowyn being taken over, and involved us three (her, me, and LMP) fighting the evil Valar, in what I think was some sort of magic and martial arts combo. Certainly, I don't think any conventional weapons, either from Middle-Earth or Stargate were used.
At some point, Éowyn became infected by the evil Valar, and I think she got captured during an attack (in my parents' kitchen, incidentally) that didn't go so well. I remember it being lucky that Elempi was still alive, since he was this little guy with a funny hat who had no "power/magic". I assume this means that I did. I'm quite certain that Éowyn did, though not enough to keep her from being taken over, though that may have been the reason FOR the takeover.
Anyway, once Éowyn has been taken over and removed, the dream started playing like a movie, and I was longer physically present as I followed the action. Apparently, the evil Valar had taken Éowyn to Venice, which looked very sea-frontish, and certainly urban, but not particularly European. More on the lines of California. Anyway, apparently the meld wasn't going so well for both Éowyn and the evil Valar in her, since the Valar was losing control over Éowyn's mind (though Éowyn was pretending to be the evil Valar), but Éowyn was weakening, and starting to die.
While we were still focused on the bad guys and their Venetian waterfront veranda, the proto-Melkor (who I think might have been renamed Sokar at this point) was accosted by the evil Valar older sister, who started to make out with him. They were down to their underwear when I, the viewer, broke the Fourth Wall, and reminded them that this story was only rated PG-13. At this point they went inside, so that I didn't see them anymore, and the story shifted.
I briefly returned to the tale of myself and LMP, and our vague third companion, and we were heading to Venice to rescue Éowyn, but before we got there the Evil Valar had moved again.
In pursuing them, we went on to another waterfront city, somewhat to the west. It may have been Genoa, though I don't think it was named. It was west of the Morthond delta on the Langstrand coastline, anyway.
In this city was a GORGEOUS old cathedral. It wasn't being used as a church anymore, and was quite barren looking. But it was gorgeous, I assure you, all made of red brick. There was no glass in the windows, and no furniture of any sort, and apparently it was the base and warehouse of some sort of Stargate-ish crime lord who was somehow connected with the Evil Valar.
Before I and my companions showed up, our allies arrived from Rohan. I'm guessing we summoned them in the interlude when the story was in Venice. Anyway, these guys may have been named Rohirrim, but they were somewhere between Vikings and SG-01 in terms of how they operated. Just before we showed up, they attacked the cathedral in their longboat, and captured the crime lord, saving him from the gunfire of the Evil Valar or their servants, who apparently wanted him dead.
As this was ending, my bunch showed up, and there was this awesome panning out of the camera to get a good look at the cathedral....
...and that was it. I was quite disappointed.
However, as I was laying there in bed a bit later, having nothing better to do on a Saturday morning, and having committed as much of my dream to memory as possible, I started to daydream about my ordinations. For some reason, I mostly concentrated on the first, and rather less important of the two: my ordination to the diaconate.
Although this daydream had none of the drama of the real dream, it was a very good sign from my point of view. It's a sign that my attraction to the priesthood is still full blown. I take as such, since my focus in these daydreams is always on the fact that I am single--the fact that I am happy, excited, and very much aware of what I've given up in order to be ordained. It is, basically, my deepest seated desire.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment