Saturday, May 26, 2007

Done! At last!

I am FINALLY done my winter semester for 2007. It took a full month longer than it was supposed to, ending not on April 25th, but on May 25th. But even at the very last, it just wouldn't go the way it was supposed to.

I was at Concordia a good 20 minutes early, just enough time to sit in Tegler, catch my breath, and do some last minute looking over the notes I put down the night before. Then, just before nine, I hobbled down the ramp to the basement level, looked for Room 101... and didn't find it where I thought it was.

So I checked the map on the walls, and saw that there was a G-101, which was a Biology lab, and a T-101, which was a computer lab. The computer lab made more sense, so I hobbled down the stairs to the lower level of basement, and found that T-101 was locked.

Well, it was 9:00 by now, so I figured that maybe it was in the Bio lab, for some reason, so I hobbled back up the stairs, down the hall, and round the corner. Nope, that was locked too.

It was now five after nine, and I'm starting to worry. I spent the next fifteen minutes or so hobbling back and forth down the corridors, hoping to see my proctor (he also did my History exam, so I knew who I was looking for), but no luck. I also hobbled up two more staircases to double-check with student services that I wasn't mistaken about the room-number--but there was no one there that early.

By the time 9:20 rolled around, and there was no change, I thought that maybe I should check the library, since it might have a Room 101. I was quite certain it wasn't in that building, and I was right, but it was a good thing I went to check, since the clerk was able to inform me that I was scheduled for a test in T-101--at 10:00.

Well, it's about 9:25, and I'm soaked in sweat from all the staircases and long distances covered on crutches with the insulating factor of a full backpack. I thanked the clerk, and returned to T-101, very grumpy and also very relieved that I wasn't 25 minutes late. Not wanting to take any more stairs for some time, I went to the bottom of the staircase I'd just come down, and sat there, facing the other wall of the stairs, my leg elevated on the step just above the one I was sitting on. Sprawled out there with my leg up and looking thoroughly sweaty and exhausted, I'm sure I looked rather hobo-esque. Whatever, I needed a break.

Anyway, just before 10:00, the Student Services coordinator shows up with a guy who has the key to the room. She was the one who set up my exam, and she had apparently just got in to work, and found that my proctor wasn't around. She had the same memory as me, of an exam for 9:00. Anyway, she got me started on the exam, and acted as proctor until about 10:45, which is when I think the real guy arrived.

So I wrote my Logic exam late, but I'm not going to complain, since I'm quite certain I aced the test. I did at least as well as on the midterms, and probably better. It was almost the perfect exam, since everything on the exam corresponded to what I'd refreshed in, and I never had a moment of sitting there going "um... how do I bluff my way through this?" I don't think I got 100%, but mid-90s would be about right. And that'd be really cool, since that might mean that my prof will just take the mark from the final, since he promised that if we did substantially better on the final, he'd ignore the mid-terms and grant a mark based on the final only. And mid-90s is substantially better than mid-80s, right?

Anyway, I'm very pumped about getting the marks back on that one, especially after having seen all my other marks. I aced my English and Religion courses (A+ or a 4.0). History was good too, (an A, or a 3.3). Sociology was disappointing, since I think I didn't do as well on the final as I would have in April (I got a B+, and I'm not sure what in terms of gradepoint). So, if I get a mid-90s final mark for Logic, then that means I get an A+/4.0, which would give me an above-3.5 average for the semester, which together with my 4.0 average last semester, would mean automatic scholarships next year, which is very good given that I'm not going to earn nearly enough this summer to pay for it.

Um... sorry about the bragging (unless you have better marks then me, in which case... whatever, I didn't study or try that hard... so I'm not complaining). But... yeah. Have to let it out somewhere.

No comments: