Sunday, April 15, 2007

Long Week

So...

I'm getting the feeling this is going to be a high-density posting week here. Call it a hunch. Call it a deduction. Call it a sign of the times. Call it whatever, the general lack of things to do between now and exams indicates that I'm probably going to be here a fair bit. This being the end of the year, I'm also liable to have a number of reflections on things. For example, I'm sure my year-end evaluation meeting with Fr. Shayne will prompt a thought or two, never mind the whole "I'm done a year, what did I accomplish?" scenario?

Meanwhile... yeah. Nothing much has happened since yesterday, hence the fact that I'm on here, really. Umm... I sang at Mass this morning, a last minute conscription I was not expecting, but which went really well, considering I was a cappella, and had been awake for about an hour, a combination which usually doesn't not produce crystal-clear results, though this morning it did. My only mess-up of note was at the start of the Gospel Acclamation, just as I was beginning, Fr. Shayne happened to be looking in my direction and flourishing his hand as he pulled it out from underneath his chasuble. The combination gave me the erroneous idea that he wanted me to stop. Well, I faltered, but I was soon back on track. I imagine he hasn't a clue why I stumbled there.

And... hmmm... I've now played two games of Scrabble in the last 24 hours. Yesterday night I was the reigning champion, to my delight. Today I got the flip side of the coin, and was the bona fide loser. Scrabble is a game of talent, certainly, but let no one ever say that luck has not a part in it. A letter combination of N-I-I-I-E-E-H does NOT make for great scoring. And my one chance at jumping ahead by a long shot was squashed. (Yes, I'm still bitter.)

And... Yeah, this isn't exactly a happening weekend. Expect more introspection and less news in the future.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

lol, Oh man, the last time I played Scrabble, I totally got robbed. Last round, and my friend cruises in with a two-letter word that connects to another one that gets like all the bonuses... double, triple, everything. I was so mad. :-P

Maybe someday we can play a game, eh? ;-)

Formendacil said...

You've got yourself a deal... if you're ever stopping at the Shell station in Olds again, we totally have to have a game of scrabble. ;P