Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Day of No School--Round 2

So...

I thought I used up all ways of keeping myself occupied yesterday, and was rather concerned about what I would do to keep busy today. Turns out... not a problem.

This morning, after my regular rounds of waking up, Lauds, breakfast, newspaper, crosswords... I ended up spending a good couple hours registering for and exploring yet another Internet addiction. Well, not an addiction yet, but it could well be.

That lasted until Mass, followed by lunch, followed by the afternoon... most of which was spent with a similarly unoccupied Deacon Andrew, watching the Blues Brothers, which I had never seen before. I can quite believe it is a classic, as it was hilarious. Completely over the top, naturally, but hilariously so. But it's not a 2000s humour, but more subtle about it. I guess they didn't think so poorly of an audience's intellect in the early '80s.

Well, that lasted most of the afternoon. The afternoon ended with Vespers, followed by supper, followed by my last pastoral placement assignment--acting as guide/seminarian adjunct to the Conquest Boys Group, a Catholic leadership organisation for pre-teen boys. The local group meets here at the Seminary once every other week, and my pastoral placement for the year has been assisting them.

That ended at about eight... and I've spent the near-hour since online, partly on visiting the aforementioned addition to my internet registration collection. I am seriously spooked as to how much of the world is online.

So, another day is done.

Two more to go before Saturday, which has the dubious distinction of being my first day of exams. Not that my one exam will take all day, but at least I'll have SOMETHING to do.

What I'll do tomorrow, God alone knows as of now. I certainly don't know, though I would not be surprised if a lot of it was spent in front of the computer. Either tomorrow or on Friday I might go out to West Edmonton Mall for the afternoon, just for the fun of sitting and watching the teeming mass that is humanity. It's not like I've got anything better to do.

No comments: