Tuesday, July 04, 2006

To Go Public?

Most privately owned companies eventually seem to come to a time when they must "Go public", and a blog reaches that stage long ere a company does. Quite frankly, what is the point of a blog if it's not public?

So... if this blog IS to go public soon, then I suppose I ought to explain its mission for the unknowledgeable.

Epistles from the Lost is basically the story of me, Michael A. Joosten (known to some as "Formendacil") as I choose to publish it online. It will, therefore, be highly idiosyncratic and rather random in what catches my attention so as to end up published herein.

As far as PURPOSE goes, I have a purpose that (I think) is a little more noble than just spewing my thoughts online.

As most of the people at all liable to read this should know, I am a Catholic of good standing, young, male, and unmarried. And, as they also ought to know, I'm planning/expecting/and should be going to St. Joseph's Seminary in Edmonton this fall to begin the process of study that will culminate in ordination to the Catholic priesthood.

As a result of that, I who currently spend hours per day online will no longer be able to do so. And, seeing as this past year's social scene for me has been VERY online-centric, I'm going to some lengths to hopefully prevent a complete disappearance from the lives of the people who have been rather dear to me.

So here I am, blogging. With the hope in mind that, some people actually reading it, I'll be able to remain somewhat more in touch, at least in the PROVIDING of information on my life, with a large number of my acquaintances.

And, there's the possibility too that, seeing how I'm not much of the phoning sort, some the "flesh-and-blood" people in my life will be able to keep up with me via this blog. Who knows? God being omnipotent, He may even use this as an opportunity for me to demonstrate what a fun, holy (I assume here...), and human a life devoted Him really is.

No comments: