You know you're ready to move out, when you can't think of a single person (other than family) who will miss you- I mean, MISS you- when you're gone. It's also rather telling when you've spent the better part of the last year under a rock, which is what Panago has felt like. Working evenings really ruins any chance of socializing, and after about three months, people give up on trying to get you on a night when it'll work- even if you tell them to keep letting you know.
I guess I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about Olds right now. Which doesn't mean that I hate the place. I love this town, I love the people here, but I'm not going to miss either once I'm gone. The time is past when I was ready to go, and I've (without wanting to) lost contact with a lot of people in the interim.
Not that I was ever a popular person, or a person with lots of close friends. That's never been me and, odds are, probably never will be. But the time has long since gone by when I felt like I had a place in Olds. I don't anymore- or at least not a place that satisfies me. I want- I need- more!
Here's to hoping the seminary fills up that hole.
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, so long as it only applies to Olds and its people, and not...some place somewhere and its - ehem - people... ;)
Because your little sis will REALLY miss you.
No, it doesn't apply to the 'Downs... And I'm not leaving the 'Downs behind- I'm taking it with me.
Seriously, the above post outlines just WHY the 'Downs has been so important to me this past year.
Post a Comment