Or... when the cat's away, the mice will play.
These last few days at work are insane... Seeing how I'm done in two days anyway, and seeing how if my bosses ever found out, I'd be about... second to last, if not last on their hit list, I'm not exactly afraid for my job. I am, however, somewhat morally concerned about my responsibility in the matter. To be fair, those silly co-employees of mine would hardly listen if I told them to lay off, short of tattling to the bosses. And the store continues to run. Pizzas are sent out on time, they are made properly, and the customers are treated with all the respect due (which isn't always that much, the old adage about the customer always being right is, in fact, wrong). The store is even clean and and the paperwork done at the end of the night. Nothing to worry about, right?
Maybe it's just the precipice edge that this tomfoolery sits on that gives me reason for concern... What if things got just a LITTLE bit worse? Supposing that instead of one beer in the afternoon, they had two? (Yes, they are drinking -underage drinking, but never mind that- on the job.) Supposing that instead of a CD player (which, in my opinion, the store needs anyway) they brought in a TV? Supposing that instead of just the off-shift employees coming in and hanging out, their girlfriends and buddies were in as well?
Well, it hasn't happened yet... and I think I can safely assume that it won't. And, shamed perhaps though I am to admit it, I really don't care. Oh, I don't LIKE the chaos- I'm a very proper person, really. I like my battleships to run smooth. But care? From a store-first point of view? Nope. And, two days from the end, it's rather hard to work up the interest.
Lord have mercy on my soul!
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment