Thursday, September 28, 2006

Events

So, I could easily find material for some more "what is Michael thinking about things" type posts, but I feel pushed more in the direction of "what is Michael doing" sort of posts.

Which means...

You get short comments about the state of affairs in my life.

1. I hate my car. More accurately, my car hates me. It decided to die on me today, having just enough decency to wait until I was almost home before doing so, and thus sparing me the trial of breaking down on either the Yellowhead or St. Albert Trail- either of which could have made it a great deal more disastrous than it was. Still, things are a huge headache there, and tomorrow my first task must be to take the car to someone who knows what he is doing (and hope it won't conk out on me on the way there).

Yes, my day was really stressfull... but it got worse.

2. My punctuality has been ripped to shreds. By me. I really need to start printing off copies of the weekly schedule, because listening to Fr. Marco and reading the ones on the hallways clearly isn't serving me well. I was twenty minutes late thinking I was ten minutes early for "Ministry Manners" last night (ironically, one of the points being talked about was punctuality- you should have seen how beet red I went. Yes, I am something of a blusher...). And I did the EXACT same thing last week with our Human Formation session. And then today I totally missed half of Vespers and Adoration with my car-preoccupation, which RUINED my mood for the next few hours. And I kid not when I say that missing half of prayer troubled me more than my failing car did. And not just because, as a naturally punctilious person, this lack of regularity drove me nuts.

3. If I recall the email aright, and assuming I didn't dream it up in my sleep last night, my college is having a Christmas Formal on November 3rd- very peculiar in my opinion. The important thing here to note is not the extremely early date for the formal, but the fact that I will by lying low regarding that. My college, as it happens, is 65% female, virtually all of whom fall into the "good-looking or better" category. And, quite frankly, there's enough temptation going on in my life...

4. I still have yet to fall into "routine" here at the Seminary. Hearsay is, that this IS routine. My only consolation is that I'm exempt from serving dinners next week because I'll be in my three-hour evening class... Joy of joys...

5. My LEGO life is very sad these days... Apart from the LEGO bishop on my desk (recently raised by the addition of the pallium to Archbishop), who has been getting new vestments of late, I've not done a thing with the little guys. It's quite sad, really...

No comments: