And so MMVII Anno Domini begins. Habemus Papam et non habemus archiepiscopus.
2006, in review, is not a year that I'm going to look back on with particular fondness. The first seven months were unmitigated boredom: Panago, no social life, not sure if I was accepted to Seminary. My life, insofar as I had one, was online. Not that you guys are bad company-- quite the contrary-- but you're kind of lacking being touchable, hearable, smellable, seeable, (tasteable). And you're pretty much lacking completely in knowing where I come from. The references to Timmies, to the hole in the back of the church, the QEII (or just plain ole #2), Banff, Torrington... things like that, well, they're just lost on you.
2006 started getting a lot better August 20th, when I moved to St. Joseph's Seminary. It was home right away, and I had the best semester of school (and the best semester of time) I've had in my life. Sure, the whole car-breaking-down thing in October was NOT fun, but by and large it's been a great time.
But 2007 is going to be awesome. I'm totally expecting another totally awesome semester of seminary and school. The spring is going to be loaded with weddings and ordinations. My youngest sister is making her First Communion. The oldest of my younger brothers is graduating. Summer will be here before I know it. Hopefully, I'll start working at a good, outdoor job (God-- and many others-- knows I need the exercise) in May, and we'll swing past the Bones Tournament, and be ready for another awesome semester in the Fall.
I'm sure I'll have my fair share of trials and tribulations this year. Those seem to be inevitable. And I'm sure there will be good things happening that I can't envision at the moment. Here's to an awesome year though, and here's hoping I get a new Archbishop before long.
Monday, January 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tasteable? Eek. :D
I'll hope with you that this year is going to be MUCH better. 2006 wasn't too good for me, either. Sadly, however, this year started VERY wrong. :(
Formie, I've enjoyed your company in the RPG (even though it's ground to a halt) and I like hearing about your schooling. You must be taking (liturgical) latin? I'm tempted. Not that I have the time! But I'd love to be able to understand the classical mass, and to do gregorian chants. Anyway God bless you and yours in 2007, grace and peace and illumination-- mark12_30
Not taking Latin quite yet... I took a wee bit (which grows wee-er as I grow older) in Junior High, but I've expanded my vocabulary somewhat in the years since, learning some of the common prayers in Latin. And living in a Catholic seminary, one's rather more exposed to it than most.
Next year, for my Arts degree, I'm going to have to take a language, and I'll probably go for Latin. 'tis a beautiful language, and useful, in my chosen profession anyway. Though if they teach classical, and I'm learning ecclesial... well, that could mess me up majorly.
In any event, God's blessings to you also in the new year.
Post a Comment