Thursday, December 28, 2006

Colds... blegh!

I have a cold. I have had a cold since... Monday, last week. It has been of intermittently strong presence. Christmas Eve through Boxing Day, I thought I had it beat, which was a good three days to not be feeling sick... but rather than up and dying, it decided to dig in its position and get worse.

So my head is stuffed with snot, an hour and more after getting up, slowing draining itself in a natural relief of my headache, but at a rate that suggests I'll be only just cleared of mucus in my membranes when it's time to go back to bed. Meanwhile, my lips are being balm-resucitated following a near-dried out experience on their part last night, thanks to having to breathe through my mouth the whole time.

So, yeah, that's the update on my life: I have a cold. No news about the fun of being in Olds, the woes of not being used to six younger siblings all the time, or the bad guy-destroying Bionicle game my nearly-18 year-old brother and I had last night, to the awed (and horrified) viewing of various younger siblings. Just the cold.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have/had colds too, preciouss. Not quite as bad as yours sounds, but still the same darned virus.

And here I had been blaming you, thinking you've finally perfected your shape-shifting without telling me. :p

Get well soon, no, right away, dear big bro! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I got better and now you're sick? Boo. Have lots of soup and tea and get well soon or else. =P

Anonymous said...

Ew. I knew I would forget to sign. That last comment was me. ~ Jamie :)

Formendacil said...

Ladies, ladies...

My cold isn't quite so bad as it sounds-- not anymore, anyway-- I just like whining about it.

Unfortunately, if this is the same bug a lot of other people have had, it'll be bugging me till March...

Anonymous said...

If it bugs you for that long, it must be me. :D