Last night the seminary community commuted en masse to St. Thomas More parish for the ordination to the diaconate of one of our own. Victor Botari of the Archdiocese of Edmonton was ordained a transitional deacon in expectation of his ordination to the priesthood in about a year's time. It was my seventh ordination attended, my second diaconal one, and the first ordination in Edmonton since receiving our new Archbishop.
It was a beautiful service, and as ordinations tend to do for me, I came away hungrier than usual for my own ordinations. The music was excellent, the atmosphere serene, and the food afterwards delicious.
For some reason, six years looks incredibly longer than usual at the moment, that being how long about until my diaconal ordination. Really, it's kind of silly, given that I have my whole life to serve as an ordained minister--why should I feel the need to rush it? But I do want to rush it. Badly.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment