Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday Night Live

So... it's a Friday night, most people my age are on the town, and while I am not in bed yet (and I should be), I'm still alive and kicking.

It's been a great first week back to school, in some respects. I've really missed Concordia, and the people there, and even to an extent the hectic pace of homework and commutes. At the risk of sounding very elementary school-ish, I've already "made three new friends", in a manner of speaking, which for me is downright astounding. I am not, generally, an instant friend-maker. I spent the majority of time last year not only without making many friends, but also without having many to begin with. Much of it was a pretty lonely year.

I guess you could say then that I've definitely grown in the past 12 months, since last September. I know this is true in other ways. Just in general, I've become a lot more confidant and even (dare I make the claim?) leaderly. Just up and speaking in front of the seminary community with a bit of a voice of direction is not something I did at all last year, and I certainly didn't walk into strange new situations without anxiety. Maybe it's just that I feel like I'm really at home, coming back this year, but I really do feel a lot more confidant, both here and at Concordia.

I have to say, I'm going to miss Concordia... though I wouldn't want to delay my ordination by staying longer. I just hope I manage to keep in contact with friends made there. Facebook, while good for knowing some things, really doesn't do that job, though it can lay the foundations.

No comments: