CAUTION: The following post contains scenes of illness and disgusting subject matter. Reader discretion is advised.
It feels like every time I start to get over one thing this summer, another thing hits me. Just when I was halfways recovered from the car loss, the internet abstinence, and the crutches... I get hit with my first stomach bug in years, and have a horrid day.
It all started last night... amidst dreaming about visiting home, seeing people I hadn't seen in a few years (and their sisters, whom I've never met... ??...), I start dreaming about being back in the seminary, which for no good reason had a long, wide, curving hallway spliced between the entrance and the chapel. And, while dreaming this, I start dreaming that I have an upset stomach, which proceeds to dominate my dreams (they weren't quite uneasy enough to be nightmares) until I get up this morning.
I think the dream version might have been a bit better. All I did there was vomit, and that without the normal issues of that horrid acid aftertaste and the muscles complaining about working in reverse.
No, in real life, I did not vomit... but there's actually a lot more discomfort to the stomach. I haven't eaten all day, due to a complete loss of appetite and a fear of prompting a real life vomitting. I spent my first two or three hours awake running to the toilet with diarrhea every 15 minutes or so. The only reason I figure that stopped is that the bug ran out of ammo.
My stomach, due to care nurturing (ie. sitting on the couch as still as possible, watching movies) has more or less ceased to pain me--unless I get up and do anything, in which case it doesn't take long to make me queasy again.
I suppose it's just as well it's not happening while I'm in school, and it probably couldn't come at a better time, if illness ever can... but I still feel like crap.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*hugs*
Having quite a sensitive stomach myself, I think I know how you feel. I'll be praying for you, Michael. :)
Post a Comment