Thursday, August 23, 2007

And, Speaking of Covers...

Going through the new posts on Nathan's blog, and having just printed yet another post, I'm reminded that I can't seem to print in my last template using black ink, but only in grey (the actual text colour). As a result, although I did like the dark look of the previous template, I've decided to change the look of the blog to something with black text, so that it actually will print mostly in black.

Now, if I had a black laser printer like I wanted, this wouldn't be an issue, but I don't. And I think it's quite clear already that I've spent enough money this summer.

If you're asking "why is Michael printing his blog?", the answer is fairly simple:
a) I'm a paper fiend, and thanks to Tolkien, my goal is life is to leave more paper behind than a dead Redwood, and:

b) I worked in an Archive all summer, and am acutely aware of how much better it is reading paper than a screen--and how impermanent electronic storage can be.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I'm honored at the mention. ;-)

But, I like the new look. It'll take some getting used to (I must confess the old one seemed more fitting), but it won't take long. It's definitely a lot cheerier. :-)

And I agree with both points A and B for printing blog posts. It's also quite fun to see the paper stack up as you go along. :-D