Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Truly Lost Epistle

So...

It's been a while. And I really don't feel like blogging, but after browsing a stack of other seminarians' blogs, I'm feeling kind of guilty. And I figure it's better to feel guilty about rambling on with personal ponderings than to feel guilty about how long it's been since my last post.

So, going back to that whole "Other Seminarians' Blogs" thing-- I'm not on the group list. Nor have I any real desire to be. And looking over their blogs, I'm really the odd duck out.

Seriously, they blog primarily about Seminary stuff, for Seminarians and family, and with a sort collegial, Roman Catholic, sort of an outlook on things.

Me?

If I blog for another other than me (who truly is the main reason...), it's for my online friends. I write about whatever comes to mind, and though a Catholic, and seminary, understanding underpins everything I write, it isn't exactly front and centre most of the time. A whole lot of interest focuses on the Barrow-Downs, on family, on personal opinions.

If this blog has a THEME, it is the idea of getting across an image of me. An image of Michael A. Joosten's daily life and personal quirks. If this blog has a POINT, it is possibly somewhat seminary-related, but it's seminary-related insofar as I'm trying to present to "the world" (by which I mean various online friends) an image of a well-rounded seminarian. A well-rounded human.

And a part of me wonders... am I ashamed to let my Barrow-Downsy, Classic-Castley, Ex-Pizza-Guy-From-Oldsy side show? Or do I just not care? Or am I wise?

I highly doubt the last... Mostly, I just don't care. Still... it makes me wonder.

No comments: