Saturday, October 14, 2006

Late Night Ramblings...

So I managed tear myself away from the unbreakable cycle of Mah Jongg games (play game, lose game, start new game, repeat ad nauseum), but I really don't want to DO anything... Like catch up a week-left-stale RPG on Classic-Castle, or write letters to family back home, or maybe write that English paper for Monday... And, at this hour, it's a bit late to hope for any of those. I'm lucky I'm motivated enough to be putting something up here- a something that's mainly being put up, I suppose, for the sake of letting people know I'm alive, on the general principle of getting away from Mah Jongg ('tis about an hour late, thought).

Life, such as it is, goes well. My evil car, Gefferine, is at the "hospital" getting a very expensive surgery. Meanwhile, I have my grandparents's van, which drives like a dream (compared with a white smoke spluttering car, at least). I wonder if they'd noticed if I did a license plate switch? Probably...

Today was Convocation for Newman Theological College. The very scary thought occurred to me right after we (the Convocation Choir) performed the "Ave Maria" that this is only the first of nine Convocations I'll likely attend consecutively here at Newman, the ninth being my own. This is, of course, because today's Convocation was for last year's grads, and I've got eight years of study (the first three not even being here at Newman, but that doesn't affect one's availability for being drafted into choir). So far during my nearly two months here, I've been of the opinion "this is going REALLY fast... maybe eight years isn't such a bad deal". But today it was... "okay, so it's going fast... it's still going to take FOREVER". I should be well over the feeling tomorrow.

Anyway... off to bed. Maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who was the Ave Maria by? I'm particularly partial to Rachmananov's myself. My choir is practicing it right now for the wedding of one of our members in a few weeks.

Formendacil said...

May take me some time to find out... don't have a copy anymore (Seminary binders, and all). Fr. Eric will know... I shall post here or on you LJ when I learn...