Saturday, August 12, 2006

My New Toy

I am now the rather proud possessor of a 1995 pewter-coloured (well, that's what it says on the Bill of Sale) Ford Contour GL. It's in really nice condition, with new tires and the engine inspected and tuned up. Whilst dodging many large raindrops yesterday I picked up the car, paid for the car, insured the car, delivered papers of inspection and bank release to the insurance people for the purposes of keeping the car insured, and then licenced the car. An expensive day, to be sure, but a good five hundred dollars or more than I was expecting/willing to pay, so not too bad a deal there. And the car is a nice one.

So between final seminary acceptance, and now having my ride, I'm almost 100% ready to go. Not quite 100%, since my room isn't QUITE cleaned out, and I have a few things in the manner of diabetic supplies and whatnot to purchase before I take off, but for the most part I'm ready to go. And I still have a whole week left in Olds. A week to relax, have fun, enjoy the sunshine... and after yesterday's rain, I'll definitely be doing that last. I haven't seen rain like that since the day Sundre flooded out and onto the national news last year. But this doesn't come after a week of rain, as that did, so we seem to be fine. But that sun DOES feel nice!

No comments: