Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Birthday Week

It seems that every time I log in here to post, I feel guilty about having not done so for so long... which may or may not be because I've actually been gone an unreasonably long time. It could just be that, after some parts of last year, I have unreasonably high expectations about how much I ought to post.

Still, not a lot of news makes it here these days--in large part, I suspect, because since I've been journalising on paper this past half year and more, I haven't felt the need to inscribe my life a second time here, since posterity already has a copy. All the same, here are the big events of this week, past and future:

MONDAY: My 21st Birthday. The Philosophy Club did a major public debate about the existence of God at Concordia which went over massively well, and not only raised our profile somewhat, but was really well received. I was the final argument presenter, giving the moral argument for the existence of God, and I'm told I did awesomely well. In the evening we had our regularly scheduled Club meeting, but it was more of a celebratory party than a serious debate, though we did get into more objections to the Hiddenness argument against God's existence than time had allowed for at the debate.

TUESDAY: I took the advanced road test, and passed, thus (two and a half years late) getting me the necessary credentials for a fully adult driver's licence.

WEDNESDAY: Today is hell. I'm getting an ingrown toenail removed this morning, I have my regular run of four classes, and the last --in the evening-- has my first midterm of the semester. When I come back to the seminary around 10:00 tonight, I expect to be utterly exhausted and a little pained.

THURSDAY: Not much, thank you, God! My first class is a midterm, but it doesn't look too hard (History of Ancient and Medieval Philosophy).

FRIDAY: I sing at Mass first thing in the morning, which may not be pretty... then I can't eat until 11:00 because I have to get bloodwork done for my diabetic check-up in a couple weeks. I've got my fingers crossed for a good hemoglobin A1C.

SATURDAY: The start of Reading Break. In all likelihood, I will do NOTHING that day... maybe sleep in until noon... something like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I hope you're feeling okay after having that ingrown toenail removed. I had the same done around five years ago, and I can still remember how horrible that was, especially since the anesthetic took full effect only AFTER the nail was removed.

Maybe you can get some sleep for me while you're at it. :D

Formendacil said...

Wasn't a problem. Well, walking around in the deep snow in a sandal wasn't the best, but the freezing went fine, and the toe has been fine since. Feels great, which is is a good thing.

I don't know if I can spare any sleep... my own deficit's been piling up.