Sunday, January 27, 2008

Winter

No deep logic or psychological problems tonight... just an update about the weather.

Basically, the phrase "all hell freezes over" pretty much describes the weather we've had today. Snow was falling from before I woke up this morning until supper, at least. It's finally stopped, but the chill wind that was making it extra-nasty has kept up, so there's still lots of drifting going on.

It was one of those really cold winter days that we get here on the northern prairies, and the forecast says we're doomed to have them all week. With the wind chill it was below -40.

Basically, it was cold enough that I wasn't having to scrape off the outside of my car driving to Mass this morning, but the inside, which is infinitely more annoying. I'm glad my car actually started, though, since I apparently didn't plug it in last night, so I guess it's just God being nice to me that saw it start on command this morning--that and maybe a more resilient engine in lower temperatures than my last car. Even so, she took her time warming up this morning.

It'll be a nasty week... let's hope it's better by the weekend, or I won't be going home to speak in the parish, methinks.

No comments: