For the first time in what feels like forever (probably meaning "since Reading Break ended"), I find myself with time to do homework... but no homework actually pressing in on me that needs to be done SOON. This does not mean I do not have homework. Quite the contrary. I have a 3000 word essay I want to finish in the next week or two (I should probably start it as well), and I got the essay topic today for a 1500+ word essay that I want to have a handle on in the same timeframe. I should really get moving on both, since I have a 2000 word essay and a 1200 word essay about to be handed out in the next week, and once all four of those are finished, I still have a couple major papers and a minor one (entailing a fieldtrip, however) due.
Meh... they'll keep. *shrugs*
Haven't really got much to say. Reading Break feels quite a while ago, with the whirl back into normal routine that's passed this week. Very little of note happened during the first stretch of it, though it ended on a rather busy weekend, as I joined my Mom and two of her sisters playing in a Bunnock tournament in West Edmonton Mall. We had a decent score in the end: four games won, four lost, but this was insufficiently done to warrant us a prize, alas.
Not much is coming up in the near future either, really... I hope/expect to spend much of this weekend working on my 3000 word paper, interspersed with the 2000 word one in case the first gets boring. Pray that I ACTUALLY do that. My grades have yet to suffer, but academic lethargy has really hit me this semester, and I really don't seem to be able to motivate myself out of it that easily. I imagine it's both the heavier courseload, and the fact that this is the second semester, working in tandem to make me unmotivated, coupled with the fact that there is no real end in sight, since no sooner do I finish up with this semester than I move into the spring courses.
Well, one thing at a time... Life isn't bad. If it was, I'd either be on here a lot more whining or unable to make it online. It is, however, just imperfect enough that I can (and am) escape it by posting here.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hello, big brother.
Papers, eek!
Yes, the only way to not really beat academic lethargy (because it's tough to get one motivated for school work) but to survive it and not have the grades suffer is by taking things one at a time. Better to work relatively slowly than to get overwhelmed and crash - but I don't think you're the type of person who easily gets overwhelmed.
Not usually overwhelmed, no... but that doesn't mean I don't go too far the other way, potentially. Hasn't happened yet... but too much self-confidence and putting off of papers could come back to haunt me.
I know what you mean. How many times have I found myself facing sleepless nights for papers/exams/whatnot and regretting I didn't start when I told myself I would...
Post a Comment