Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Busy as a Beaver

I can't believe how busy life is right now... It's not that it's full of hard things, but it certainly FULL! Now, having one more course than a full course load will help you in that direction, but I don't think it's the extra schoolwork so much as it is everything else.

Part of the problem is that I don't seem to have free weekends anymore. Well... that's not perfectly true. Turns out that I fluked into getting this weekend off when I was expecting to spend it all in a parish, but even so, the fact is that my weekends are almost looking like they need to be gone into without the expectation of doing homework... which means that all my readings (and they are many) and all my papers (which will be several), need to be focussed into my mornings and evenings, which push in nice and tight on the afternoons I spend in school. Of course, school isn't the only thing in my life. January is always a nasty month for me with car re-licencing and driver-re-licencing. As a result of booking a test to upgrade and get my "mature" licence, I've had more stuff going on to drag me out of homework this past week, and it's impacted nastily on my being caught up on readings.

I probably shouldn't have bit off a key role in the Philosophy Club's public debate, but I allowed myself to be flattered into it--aided by my egoistic self-concept of myself as one of our better public speakers.

As I said... life's not hard... but it is full. I sleep really well at night.

No comments: