Friday, November 30, 2007

Who am I?

(Can you tell my papers are all done and I've got an academic lull coming? I'm posting here two days in a row!)

I had the most bizarre experience this evening. I'd just come back from supper, and I was rather pumped from post-Vespers, post-Mass, end of the week euphoria, and I popped into the washroom momentarily for the obvious reason. Without dwelling on that, as I was washing my hands and ready to dash off to my next big adventure (visiting Classic-Castle), I happened to notice that a bit of my hair was out of place, and looking at myself in the mirror, I had the thought "huh. I forgot about him."

Him?

I "forgot" about me.

Or, rather, I forgot about what I had looked like all day. Now, if I may say so, I was looking rather sharp today in matching sweater, tie, dress pants and shirt (a brown/black-blue combination in various shades)--not that looking sharp had anything to do with my remembering or forgetting. It was simply that it struck me rather forcefully how little I have a visual perception of myself.

Combined with my really confused perception of time (too much Kant, existentialism, and late-semester time dilation going on), it's made for some rather odd, inexpressible, thoughts of late.

No comments: