Whoa! Has it been a while since I've checked in here! Too much going on, I guess. Though, that being said, I don't really feel like very much has happened that's worth touching on since I last posted. I mean, all that's really happened is that I hit a curb in my car and had to pay more money than I'd've like to fix it, but that over and done, and really doesn't prompt anything other than a comment on the fact that it's now really and truly winter in Edmonton. I mean, we've had snow before this fall, but as of Sunday (when I hit the curb) it seems to have come to stay, coupled with a nastily cold snap in the weather. Although the first shock of cold always leaves me in dread and I loathe having to drive on snow at first (justified, given this week's experience), I really don't mind it now that it's shown up. Unless my car doesn't start or I REALLY freeze walking from my car to the building, it's beautiful and makes you feel alive.
So, that's what has passed... what's coming up?
Well, lo and behold, classes end in less than a week. Tuesday is my last day of class, and I'm done my Finals December 12th. I can't say how eager I am to be done the semester, and to be free! A week ago I was really, really looking forward to heading home as soon as my last Final was over... but now I'm not so sure. I'm tempted to stay in Edmonton until Saturday, giving me a few extra days before leaving for Olds; and it's not that I don't still love the feeling of being home around Christmas... it's just the realisation that come December 28th or so I'm going to be nuts to get out of the house and back into the Seminary, at least if last year's any indication. That's a LONG time to be back home, and my social life would not suggest that I have a heck of a lot to do in Olds other than family. I transplanted almost 100% completely from Olds to Edmonton, and there's little enough reason to go back now, other than family.
Ah well, whichever I choose to do, I can't wait until December 12th, and that becomes the chief of my worries. Right now, I still have more important stuff to consider.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment