Sometimes... I wish I didn't live in Seminary. More accurately, sometimes I wish more of the seminarians were party animals.
To be honest, I'm probably on the sedate end of the spectrum in most places... but seminary seems to attract the sedater kind, and I'm probably about middle-of-the-road for this community, so you'd think that out of twenty-seven guys I'd never really feel a huge need for a rowdier crowd. The handful of greater exuberance than myself ought to be enough.
Except that that half-dozen or so aren't as lazy as me. Or they have more work. Or tonight they're all tired. Or I'm not invited... (probably one of the others, but this should not be ruled out--I am a loner, after all)
Whatever the cause, I'm itching to go out and do something... but here I am, doing nothing. I doubt this would be such an issue if I weren't so darned reticent about ASKING people for things/to do things, but there you have it. That's the way I am, and precious little about that is going to change. I'd rather stew in my own loneliness than--Heaven forbid!--ask anyone to DO something.
It's a part of myself I've grown accustomed to, and I can't really say I'm bitter about it (though in my melodramatic moments, I could try...). After all, it's not as if I'm never invited by others, or ignored. It's simply that I don't do my share of footing the invitations. If that means I feel like I've got a lonely, spartan social life... well, I've got no one to blame but me.
Tonight, though... I've got an itch to go and DO something-- and it's bugging me!
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment