Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Motivation?

There are two facts you need to know in advance of this post. The first is that I've been working on an article for publication, which is due Saturday. The second is that we've had a snow day Boston-wide today, and the power was out most of this morning and afternoon.

As long as the power was out, I was antsy about the fact that I could not print off my paper and start editing it--an antsiness not helped by the fact that I started reading the previous volume of the book I hope to be a part of in its next form.

Now that the power is on, however... I am trolling the internet instead, completely unconcerned. At the very least, even if I don't get to work right away on editing, you'd think I'd print it while the power's still on... but no.

O technology, how you do not make our lives more efficient...

No comments: