Wow! It's been longer than I thought since I last visited here. Makes sense, really, since time has been cruising along at terrifyingly fast speeds (seriously, terrifying... I haven't even started some papers...), and I've had a thousand and one thoughts of "that should really get put on the blog." So, really, what else is new?
Well, there's enough things, I suppose, that I could mention... like the trip out to Unity on the weekend, or the subsequent visit home for Thanksgiving on Monday, or the overall love I have for my Latin course (it's fun, it's relaxed, I enjoy it, and I'm doing really well). But... no... no real news likely to show up here.
I don't even really have a theme of what non-event-stuff I want to talk about--this is really VERY stream-of-consciousness. In large part, this is because I really am not motivated to be posting here, though a part of me really wants to. Mostly, though, it's because I'm scattered mentally in a few ways.
Mostly, there's sort of a sense of guerrilla warfare in my spiritual life right now. It's almost always a battle, though one occasionally gets moments of peace, but instead of outright war, the devil has gone for guerrilla tactics. It's really difficult to explain, and not really something I need to get into with people other than my spiritual director, but it is a bit weird. Overall, though, this seems to be a good sign rather than a bad, because it seems to accord with the sense that I'm doing some stuff right...
Schoolwise... that something of another matter. It depends, really, on how one looks at it. Thus far, the marks are all good, and I'm nowhere near burnt out. On the other hand, though, I'm procrastinating something awful, and I really don't care how things turn out, almost. Latin will go well because it's Latin, and English because it's English. Philosophy because I'm actually interested, and IT because it's so easy.
As for Religion? Well... that one will go well if my motivation kicks back in, but right now I just don't care.
Seminary life is awesome, for the most part. Today I finally got something of a handle on what I'm doing for a pastoral placement... only to discover that it's still rather vague. So we'll see... but at least I'm getting more interested, rather than the opposite. On the social front, still lots of geekiness in my corner of the seminary community... halfway through Season 3 of Battlestar Galactica, but not speeding through as fast as we once did... which may, actually, be a good thing. BSG is a huge aid to procrastination.
And... I think that's as far as I'm getting tonight. Brain=very off. Ciao!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment