Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter Season

If there is some magic condition that makes it so that I post here, I have yet to find what it might be. I'm here posting, but I don't think "I'm not quite ready for bed, not doing homework, and don't have enough time for Stargate" applies to every other situation. Maybe I should break my other leg? Just a thought...

Anyways...

I seem to have undergone something of a sea change in terms of energy since the Easter weekend, probably because the four-day weekend and a visit home meant a much-needed recharge of batteries, never mind the usual energy boost of the Easter season, which is bouncy, hopeful, uplifting, and all that good stuff. Nothing pumps me up for a week or two like an awesome Easter Vigil service. Of course, there's also the fact that now that Easter has passed, the end of the school year feels very near--even though the extra-early Easter means it's actually quite a bit farther away than I instinctively want to think. Even with a whole week of school over since Easter, I still have two weeks of classes, and then two weeks of "finals" before I'm free of this semester.

Of course, the fact that all my papers are coming due could be making me panic a little, and nothing gives you energy like adrenaline... but I'm not quite at that point yet. Still haven't pulled an academic all-nighter, for anything.

Spring weather doesn't hurt one's energy levels either. The weather has been consistently nice the last couple weeks, and the continual melting of snow, together with sunny, breezy spring days, has been beautiful.

Life's not a complete bag of roses, of course. My memory has reached the point in the school year where my classes have fused. Going in to school this morning I could barely have told you which class was when, with which prof, and on what subject. I knew I had a paper to hand in, but although I had the right paper, my mind kept thinking it was for my OTHER English class. I've also got alarm-clock setting issues, and I have absolutely no idea what day of the month it is... life is a big blur.

It's hard to believe that April is already upon us tomorrow, and at the same time really amazing that it has been March for so long. I mean... Easter Sunday was eight days ago!

Yes, I'm a little confused these days... but at least I'm not drained-feeling anymore!

No comments: