Tuesday, March 13, 2007

So... It's been a while

No, I haven't gone and died--despite the melodrama of the last post, my diabetes specialist (who I happened to have my half yearly checkup with last week) certified me as "healthy, other than that diabetes thing" (not an exact quote).

It's been a good week and a half... but I can't say much has happened. Probably because it has been a good week and a half. Good times don't merit posting so much as the bad ones. You can be sure that if I had come back from the specialist with a verdict of "you've... got maybe three years, Mr. Joosten, before you go blind" that I would have been hyperventilating here as soon as I got back from that trip. No, the only thing noteworthy about my trip to the specialist is that while my appointment was at 7:45 am (an ungodly hour that involved missing Morning Prayer, breakfast, and my normal hour of rising), I still couldn't make my 11:10 class on time. I was fifteen minutes late. I was furious. Especially because I was the first appointment of the day. Between that and always getting a clean bill of health, is it any wonder I hate going to check-ups? One rather amazing product is that it got me drinking milk, something I've avoided since age 4, and which no amount of prior diabetic check-ups had managed. Must have been that post-mortality depression from my last post...

Let's see... what else has gone on?

Not much.

The weather has been downright gorgeous the last ten days or so. We've had a week averaging about 5 degrees above zero (Celsius). Spring has come! I love it... though it hasn't done much good for my mental frame of mind. I can't wait for summer, and going camping. I'm not even sure I'll have time... but that doesn't matter. I'm going, sometime. Somewhere. I might even go alone (which really defeats the whole purpose of camping... or any sort of holiday. People are key). Even yesterday's slightly chillier, much rainier/windier/cloudier/snowier weather was delightful! Sure it looked nasty. Sure, it WAS nasty. But it was a SPRING nasty! Spring has a completely different feeling and smell from winter. Besides, I adore nasty weather, so long as I don't have to drive in it. I love the wild power of creation, and I love the colours, sounds, and smells. I suspect I'll love it even more once summer comes and I'm at work fencing (with fences, not epées), and bad weather means a day off.

But... yeah... that's all that's going on. It should amply explain why I haven't posted in a while. Live is great, but not particularly newsworthy.

No comments: